Stretching your body might help you a lot if you know the right stretches to relieve your back pain. Here are some easy and essential stretches that can help you with this issue. You should do them after a workout to avoid injuries.
- The quadriceps lying down stretch
- Lie down on your left side and bend your knees.
- Put your left hand under your head and keep your right leg on the ankle with your right hand.
- Pull the right leg backward until you feel the stretch. Maintain that position for about 30 seconds then repeat with the other hand.
- Knee to chest stretch
- Lie down on your back and make sure your feet touching the floor.
- Bring the right knee to the chest and push it to the front your chest with your hands put on the knee as much as possible. Keep the left foot flat on the floor and exert pressure of your lower back on the floor.
- Maintain that position for 20 seconds. Relax and lower the knee to the beginning position and start over with the other leg.
- This stretch is suitable for straightening and relaxing your glutes.
3. Spinal stretch
- Lie down on your back, fold your left knee up and move it close to your right knee. Keep your arms flat on the ground and look to your left.
- Twist your body from side to side, each time keeping the position for 20 second. You should use a slow and fluid motion to avoid injuries.
- Keep your abdominal muscles drawn out to support your back.
- This exercise twists the lower body in the opposite direction of the upper body, lengthening and flexing the spine.
4. The hamstring floor stretch
- This is one of the relaxing and easy stretching exercises.
- Lie on the floor and bring one leg up and straighten it. Hold your leg with your hands at the back of your hamstring and try to push the knee straight as much as you can.
- You should include exert pressure to lengthen the hamstring muscle for 30 to 45 seconds at a time.
- Repeat the stretch on the other leg.